Intwasa Arts Festival koBulawayo is a Zimbabwean multi-discipline festival showcasing African aesthetics and cultural expressions.
The one week festival takes place in several spaces within the city of Bulawayo. To date Intwasa has hosted regional and international artistes from Botswana, Swaziland, South Africa, United States of America, UK, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Kenya Denmark, Italy, Malawi, Belgium, Wales and Zambia.
Intwasa is an Isindebele word meaning spring. The festival is held every September. The month is very significant in that it marks the beginning of spring; a time when a lot of activities are done. Spring is the season of regeneration and rebirth. A season for new beginnings and new life.
To produce a festival that encompasses mass celebration of diversity and creativity.
To be the leader in the creation of platforms that promote excellence in Zimbabwe’s arts and culture.
• To celebrate the arts
• To create new markets for local and international artistes through collaborations and partnerships.
• To promote cultural heritage and tourism.
• To facilitate the empowerment of children, youth and women through the arts.
• To create alternative spaces for new ideas and freedom of expression.
• To develop and implement a sustainable organisational strategy including the mobilisation of resources for the arts.
Raisedon BayaFestival Director
Runyararo MutandiFestival Administrator
William NyandoroVenue Manager
Possenti N. SikosanaVenue Manager
Nkululeko NkalaMarketing & Communications
Matesu DubeVenue Manager
Witness TavarwisaArtist Liaison / Logistics Mgr
Christensen MapurangaVenue Manager
Nelson MapakoVenue Manager
Thabani H. MoyoVenue Manager
Richard NdlovuVenue Manager